Before anything, I'd like to say that even though this blog is written in English, I recommend you to do as I did and read the books I criticise in their original language (if you can). This way you'll like them much more and you'll find astute word games and double meanings which will help you read the book in all of its potential.

December 09, 2012

The Boy with the Cuckoo-clock Heart - Mathias Malzieu

Criticism:

This book, I have to admit, wasn't very much to my liking. It is original and interesting, and quite gripping; but its story set my teeth
on edge and was, from my point of view, quite disgusting. Its style is surrealistic, but in a way that didn't reach me; and I didn't get the impression that, in the pretext of the book, what happened in it were plausible. Moreover, I think that it is written with the sole intention of being a bestseller, but in a way that didn't reach me at all.
The characters all have the same personality, and the plot isn't happy, nor funny, nor sentimental, not frightening... Reading this book didn't contribute in any way to me, personally, and it only gave me the sensation of catching a wet fish with lathery hands.

 Author's official webpage: http://www.mathiasmalzieu.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment