Before anything, I'd like to say that even though this blog is written in English, I recommend you to do as I did and read the books I criticise in their original language (if you can). This way you'll like them much more and you'll find astute word games and double meanings which will help you read the book in all of its potential.

September 02, 2012

Infernal Devices- Cassandra Clare

Criticism:

This series is based again on the story of Shadowhunters, the only difference being that in this one the main characters being Jace, Clary, Alec, etc's ancestors. They are written in the same style as the other one, and it is also written to be a bestseller for girls between 10 and 18 years old.
The books are called Mechanic Angel, Mechanic Prince and Mechanic Princess- although for
the third one is not out yet, going out on 2013. They are really good, and they grip the reader a lot, although they lack part of the humour and colourful originality which the Mortal Instruments series possesses.
The ending of the second one is really good, and it is really gripping. The bad part is that it leaves you agonizing about what will happen afterwards. It is more somber but in a sweet way, and, although I suffer sometimes when I read this series, I am anxious to read the last book at last.

Author's official webpage: http://cassandraclare.com/cms/home

No comments:

Post a Comment