Before anything, I'd like to say that even though this blog is written in English, I recommend you to do as I did and read the books I criticise in their original language (if you can). This way you'll like them much more and you'll find astute word games and double meanings which will help you read the book in all of its potential.

June 11, 2011

Mortal Instruments - Cassandra Clare

Criticism

I loved his collection, written by Cassandra Clare, and it grabbed me until the end; but in my opinion it is written with the intention of copying the style of the famous Twiliight saga. It lacks a bit of
emotion and, although the majority of the characters are fantastic, original and make you fall in love, I think that the main character, Clary, needs a bit more of personality and intensity.
It is very imaginative and the end is unexpected and very good, and I'd recommend this book especially to girls. Also, if you like it I think you'll like the Immortal series written by Alyson Noël, and definately the Twilight saga. Obviously, I also think that if you've liked those you'll like this one and if not, I advise you to look for another style of books.

Here is a personality test for girls who've liked the saga:

   

Author's official page: http://cassandraclare.com/cms/home

No comments:

Post a Comment