Before anything, I'd like to say that even though this blog is written in English, I recommend you to do as I did and read the books I criticise in their original language (if you can). This way you'll like them much more and you'll find astute word games and double meanings which will help you read the book in all of its potential.

June 11, 2011

The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins

Criticism

This stunning trilogy, written by Suzanne Collins, is one of those books for boys and girls which steal your heart and make you ponder them a lot once you've read them. While you read them, you laugh, cry and love with the characters, and Suzanne Collins manages to
steal your heart with an impressive ability. The trilogy is incredibly exciting, moving and stunning and the people who read it will remember it throughout their whole lives. It is written especially for people in between twelve and twenty years, I guess, although older people will also like it.
The bad thing about this novel is that the end left me, personally, hollow in the inside. It disappointed me because, although I knew it had to end how it did or opposite, I hoped there was another alternative that I hadn't been able to imagine yet; and I didn't completely agree with the final choice because of my personal tastes according to characters and to my way of being. I may add that in my point of view the first book was the best and the second the worst, but they are all extremely good and worth reading, and I can sincerely write that this trilogy is a masterpiece and that I'm very glad of having been able to read it.

This is a webpage with games inspired in the novel. I hope you enjoy it:


In addition, I will write that I've been told that a sequel is going to be published. I'll read it and I'll tell you when it will be available apart from, obviously, talking about it in this blog.

About the film: I will only say that it doesn't let the books down. Obviously, it's not nearly as good, but if you see it after reading the books you'll not go out with a bad aftertaste.
Author's official page: http://www.thehungergames.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment