Before anything, I'd like to say that even though this blog is written in English, I recommend you to do as I did and read the books I criticise in their original language (if you can). This way you'll like them much more and you'll find astute word games and double meanings which will help you read the book in all of its potential.

June 11, 2011

The Ice Princess - Camilla Läckberg

Criticism

This is a novel of detectives and police which contains a lot of mystery. I don't have much to say about it. It didn't grab me much but the characters (this is something possitive) are much more sincere than in most novels. There is a continuation to this novel and I guess that I'll read it some day, but the problem is that it was quite hard to read this one because it's very slow and I sometimes got bored. Even though it is very well written, I haven't managed to get into this book. Anyway, it is a very entertaining book but I don't recommend it to boys much especially because it is written from a very personal point of view of the main character (a girl) into which I don't think you'll like much to get.

Author's official webpage: http://www.camillalackberg.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment