Before anything, I'd like to say that even though this blog is written in English, I recommend you to do as I did and read the books I criticise in their original language (if you can). This way you'll like them much more and you'll find astute word games and double meanings which will help you read the book in all of its potential.

June 12, 2011

Stravaganza - Mary Hoffman

Criticism

These books are exciting and original. They leave a fantastic aftertaste and make the reader want to read many more. Anyway, even though you feel the adventures as if you were the main characters, they do not have the same level of feeling, as a way of saying it, as other books. Mary Hoffman manages to make the adventures happen before your eyes and makes it nearly impossible to stop reading in many points of every book and very difficult in the rest, and in these boooks very little times you suffer due to the main charactes (from my point of view this is good because when that happens to me I don't know whose side I must take). In this collection the reader gets affection to the main characters and through each book you start being more and more fond of them. I haven't read the whole saga but I hope to be able to finish it soon and write my opinion.

              Author's official webpage: http://www.maryhoffman.co.uk/

             

No comments:

Post a Comment