Before anything, I'd like to say that even though this blog is written in English, I recommend you to do as I did and read the books I criticise in their original language (if you can). This way you'll like them much more and you'll find astute word games and double meanings which will help you read the book in all of its potential.

June 12, 2011

Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown

Criticism

Although this book is extremely interesting, I think that it lacks (from my point of view) a bit of emotion and feeling. It is written for adults and is mysterious and unexpected, but it doesn't contain any extremely strong or sudden emotions. The end is very good although a bit  predictable and the book is written in a way that makes you have to read the whole book because it keeps leaving unsolved mysteries, and telling you the answers little by little as the events of the book happen. It is treacherous and ingenious, and it is written very cleverly. It is noticeable that the author has investigated a lot to read it and has prepared the story a lot; and I think that it has been worth it.

Author's official webpage: http://www.danbrown.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment