Before anything, I'd like to say that even though this blog is written in English, I recommend you to do as I did and read the books I criticise in their original language (if you can). This way you'll like them much more and you'll find astute word games and double meanings which will help you read the book in all of its potential.

April 18, 2012

The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini


Criticism:

This is a very deep and extremely hard book, but at the same time honest- so much that when I read it I hated and at the same time felt the same way as the main character. I cried or was about to cry for and with him, as if he were myself. It is a book that reminded me of To Kill a Mockingbird, but that instead of being so symbolic is more direct; and it is also very philosophical. It is a hard but very sincere mirror of reality- of the darkest side of our world- that we rarely pay attention to. Moreover it is very easy to read and very well written. I must admit that I started it without looking forwards to reading it, as I hadn't liked the film; but I found instead a really good book. There are some parts which don't fully grab the reader, and parts in which the reader hates the main character so that he doesn't want to keep reading; but, from my point of view, the book is worth it. Furthermore, the ending is one of the few which manage to truly fill the reader.

Author's official webpage: http://www.khaledhosseini.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment